Joey Fabulous is a British Wrestler he is wrestling for 10 years and 6 months as a promoter. He is 6ft tall and 203 lbs. His style of wrestling is very different as he has been trained by Andy Baker, Rip Rogers, John Kenny and current WWE NXT UK wrestler Zack Gibson.
I’ve read a few interviews about him as he was promoting his upcoming show in the UK. I was eager to know more about him, so I approached him through social media and he was very kind to allow me to interview him.
Q: Currently which promotion are you wrestling for?
– I am currently wrestling for Just Fabulous Professional Wrestling and Wrestling Sport.
Q: One of my questions was going to ask if you watched wrestling as a kid and what was your first wrestling memory?
– I’m 32 now I’ve been watching wrestling since I was very young. My favorites were Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage. I remember matches like Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart during WWF days and picked up more during the attitude era.
Q: Who trained you?
– I was trained at RWA- School Of Wrestling by former Ohio Valley Wrestling alumni Andy Baker. I’ve since been taught by Rip Rogers, John Kenny and current WWE NXT UK wrestler Zack Gibson.
Q: On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard the wrestling mat is, and then how hard are the ropes when you are running off them?
– The ring is very hard. It’s solid wood boards and a metal frame.
Q: How is it wrestling for a smaller crowd than an average wrestling event?
– Average wrestling crowds are usually smaller, more independent companies than major companies. If its 1 or 1 million fans you do the same thing but smaller crowds make it more fun.
Q: Have you ever travelled to other countries to wrestle?
– Yes, I’ve been to Thailand Vietnam Fiji. I’m looking at getting to India, China and Japan over the next year or two.
Q: Where’s the weirdest place or what’s the strangest events you have wrestled at?
– I’ve wrestled at Rain-forest in Fiji.
Q: Do you want to wrestle on a big show like Wrestlemania? Is that something you can imagine or is that not where you want to go with your career aspirations?
– Starting with wrestling Wrestlemania was the dream but I’m just enjoying wrestling right now we will see where it goes.
Q: What’re your favorite wrestling matches of all times, if you could pick one or two?
– I do have a few favorites but Shawn Michaels vs Triple H in a Hell in a Cell and Cactus Jack Vs. Triple H at WWE Royal Rumble 2000 in a Street Fight.
Q: What your finisher?
– Currently using a Pedigree but mostly use a Lariat.
Q: To wrap things up is there anything that you would want to say to your fans, or anyone thinking about becoming a wrestler?
– Keep on pushing yourself. Keep knocking on doors. It’s hard most of the time but it’s worth it.