I recently had an opportunity to interview UK’s Isaac North he is 6’5″ feet tall and 240lbs. He wrestles for many wrestling promotions in UK.
Please read the full interview below.
Q. Currently which promotion are you wrestling for?
– I wrestle for JFPW, Wrestling Sport, Infinite Promotions, BWP, EPW, UWI, CUKPW and Broken Ring Wrestling.
Q. One of my questions was going to ask if you watched wrestling as a kid and what was your first wrestling memory?
– The first show I watched was WWE Summerslam 1998 and I haven’t missed a week of WWE since. So my first Memory of Wrestling was D’lo Brown vs Val Venis for the European Championship.
Q. Who trained you?
– I’m trained by Danny Hope, Gypsy John Kenny and Ciarán McConnell.
Q. On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard the wrestling mat is, and then how hard are the ropes when you are running off them?
– I would say about a 7 on a pain scale hitting the mat and the ropes leave marks sometimes but generally are only about a 1 or a 2.
Q. How is it wrestling for a smaller crowd than an average wrestling event?
– Smaller crowds can be great in small venues, what you don’t want is empty seats in a big venue.
Q. Have you ever travelled to other countries to wrestle?
– I have wrestled all over the UK but never overseas.
Q. Where’s the weirdest place or what’s the strangest events you have wrestled at?
– The kids birthday party was pretty weird but I’m generally happy wherever as long as I’m wrestling.
Q. Do you want to wrestle on a big show like Wrestlemania? Is that something you can imagine or is that not where you want to go with your career aspirations?
– As long as arses are in seats and the room is full I’m happy. Whether it’s 50 or 50,000 ill always put in 100%.
Q. What’re your favourite matches of all times, if you could pick one or two?
– Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate at NXT Take Over for the UK Championship and Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels 1.
Q. What your finisher?
– My finisher is The War Hammer (a modified torture rack spin-out slam).
Q. To wrap things up is there anything that you would want to say to your fans, or anyone thinking about becoming a wrestler?
– Do what you want in life and don’t worry about other people’s opinions. As long as you’re doing what makes you happy go for it!